|
Just me. ![]() Other days, I am.
archives March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 March 2010 credits skin by: Jane |
Saturday, June 02, 2007 @ 5:23 PM
Somewhere Over the Rainbow Window shopping, food and a good play, all in a day,what more can i ask for? ![]() Finally our little wish of taking neoprints together was fufilled after light years. Nevertheless, it was a rather mind-numbing and hysterical process but we managed out of it unscathed. Well, no one has died from taking neoprints anyway. (= . Well, how fun could it get to shop with a growling stomach? Like NIL? And i've said countless times before that people love eating and food makes one happy so there we arrived promptly at Marina Square food court. Before that, we were a 5 minutes audience to a Kids Carnival. check this out! - It's seriously mouth-watering and a generous serving of chicken and other ingredients were included in the huge bowl(that i had trouble transporting the bowl of noodles to the table). The noodles are springy and the curry is oh-so-damn-shiok. And after happily chomping down my yummy food, I immediately felt an upsurge energy within me and thus was able to fly to raffles hotel in a matter of minutes. - As I stepped into the hotel, I had to try really hard not to gape at the beautifully adorned furnishings and its totally high class services. Even the toilets are to-die-for. Well then again, im still a kid so i'm probably excused for behaving like a country bumpkin since this is one of the most finest place i've been to. Pathethic or not? Alright, after a mighty fine wait, we were ushered in and began settling ourselves comfortably in the seats of the Jubilee Hall and to wait anxiously for its commence... VS (= - Lights, Camera, and Action... -- Wait. Here are just my two cents worth.. - Well, to make up for not spending money on movies for eon years, i did myself credit by watching Evoke, a studio wu dance musical. - - OMGZz.it's like the ultimate coolest, total insanity. Acts were done mostly through dancing and the dances were presented in different, interesting and capitivating ways-- lyrical, jazzy, hip hop, breakdance, contemporary and much more. It was a rather well carried out routine and i enjoyed every single second of it. I know saying how good is it doesnt prove you anything, but to me... well...., it's enough that i know it in my heart. Plus the effect of light and shadow made each and every one of them looked even more dazzling. - And the primary school kids who danced hip hop were so darn cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God knows what I was doing at 10years of age and it made me think that even if someone thought me those moves now, i'd probably have difficulty mastering that. so kudos to these future generation hip-hoppers! A pity i didnt manage to sneak a shot or two. *** Basically, there were 3 kind of emotions-- Rage, Sadness and Happiness. My favourite is instinctively Happiness. The acts were so damn entertaining and im greatful that I did not roll off the chair laughing. Giggles sprinkled out in the hall consecutively and it was contagious thus the laughters came so easy from everyone in the hall. - Suddenly, it made me stop in my tracks for a moment and I had to agree that happiness is always the best. Sadly, 'Many people miss their share of happiness; not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.' I mean who wants to feel resentment and disappointment and dejection when one can be jovial? Which leads me to my self-derived conclusion: The reason behind Macdonalds' Happy Meal. - So by the time, we've finished, I think i'm lucky not to have died laughing. ![]() the guy whose smile can melt the ice caps.. And Andy and Ishi were a million bucks in yesterday's performance.*beams brightly* I still cannot stop gushing about andy's amazing jazz dance, that mid air leaping split.. AHHH! How did i ever come across such talented people in my life? And finally we got to hear ishi's very own composition, Falling For You, which was a rather commendable and touching piece! Frankly speaking, it was one of the best performances I had ever watched in my coming-to-16 years of life. Cool dancers, stage effects, lightings and everything else that made this musical near-perfect. Also, ishi and andy doing the duet-Somewhere Over the Rainbow caused my nose to go a little pre-pink, for it rings back so many fond memories!!!! - You can say I'm flattered to have caught this exclusive showcase, one that had me exhaling in admiration. - Again, I let my mind go into the sort of screensaver mode that flashes pictures from your past up before your eyes.... You're the reason why I still breathe, I still live, I'm alive. Labels: Evoke |